Girl Reporter

Girl Reporter

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tres Outre' - A Poem


Coiffure de la HedgeRows???

Tres Outre’ – A Poem
by Squeeky Fromm


I thought that I would never see
The FLOTUS looking like a tree!!!

But there she is, with Royalty,
Just standing there like shrubbery.

I bet she does not have a clue
The imagery of her hairdo.

Or how ironic it must be
That it is really he, not she

Who should be seen like potted plant.
For giving in to “Yes, We CAN’T”

For Hope and Change he did not push.
He is The One resembling Bush.

Squeeky Fromm,
Girl Reporter

NOTE:  This poem is based on a beautiful one by Joyce Kilmer, which is short enough to enjoy here:

Trees
by Joyce Kilmer

I THINK that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth’s flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment